Friday 25 September 2015

Chocolate Coffee Cake

Chocolate Coffee Cake was one of the first cakes that I baked for my husband. We loved to share a piece of cake over a cup of coffee on the evenings after a busy day at work.

Baking is all the more fun when you do it together with your family. And, we did it together. Responsibility divided between the three of us - my husband , my cousin and myself.  My cousin made his debut at baking a cake, me the actor and my husband the director. The cake definitely fared well at the box office:)
kitchenspells.blogspot.com

Here is my recipe -

Ingredients

  1. All purpose flour - 2 cups
  2. Sugar - 1 and 1/2 cup
  3. Cocoa Powder - 3/4 cup
  4. Baking Powder - 1 tsp
  5. Salt - 1 pinch
  6. Milk - 1/2 cup
  7. Oil - 1/2 cup
  8. Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
  9. Coffee powder - 1 and 1/2 tbsp
  10. Eggs - 4
  11. Hot water - 1 cup
Method

Prepare coffee decoction in a cup of hot water and let it cool.

Sieve the all purpose flour, cocoa powder,salt and baking powder to avoid lumps.

Separate the egg yolk and the egg whites. Beat the white until fluffy. Beat the egg yolk along with vanilla essence. Add in the sugar and oil and mix it well. Add the coffee decoction and milk to this.

Pour this into the sieved flour and fold in the batter . Finally add the egg whites and fold in well until combined. Mixing it any further may cause air bubbles in the batter.

Pre heat the oven at 180 degree for 15 minutes. Grease a cake tin and pour the batter into it. Place this inside the oven for 30-40 minutes until an inserted pin comes out clean.

Remove from baked cake from the oven and shift it onto a cooling rack.

Serve it hot with ice cream and chocolate sauce.
kitchenspells.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment