Sunday 18 September 2016

Baked Sesame Chicken Wings

I do have the habit of omitting certain words or sentences when I read up on something. Be it book, article or a recipe, which is probably why I finish reading quite fast. Pick up a book and if it really interests me - I could finish it in under a day but then, there is a catch to it - in my hurry to reach the fag bottom of the book - I miss names of certain characters, places and trust me at times even events that unfold. As the book progresses, if a reference is made to the part I unknowingly omitted (God forbid that happen), I am at total loss. 

Now, my husband knows why I finish reading books in half the time he takes!

I wouldn't say this is a great habit of mine because as the saying goes Half knowledge is dangerous. I have got into my own trouble with this. That set aside, when it comes to reading recipes I have had my good days and bad days. Good ones are when despite not following the recipe word by word - I end up with a recipe I created and the taste delights and the tragic ones which no where bears resemblance to the original recipe or the image that I had in mind.

This is one recipe that has been adapted and re-adapted over a period of time and now I call it mine. 
Here it goes for you - 

kitchenspells.blogspot.in

Ingredients
(serves 4)

For baking
  1. Chicken wings - 800 gms 
  2. Chilly powder - 2 tbsp
  3. Pepper powder - 1/2 tbp
  4. Olive oil - 1 tbsp
  5. Garlic cloves - 6 whole crushed
For Sauce
  1. Garlic cloves - 6-7 chopped
  2. Olive oil - 1 tbsp
  3. Soya sauce - 3 tbsp
  4. White sesame seeds - 2 tsp
  5. Coriander leaves - 1 bunch finely chopped
  6. Honey - 2 tbsp
  7. Salt to taste
Method
  • Clean the frozen chicken wings thoroughly and set aside to drain off any excess water.
  • Prepare the marinade by mixing together the chilly powder, pepper powder, salt and olive oil.
  • Marinate the chicken and let it rest for an hour. Meanwhile pre - heat the oven at 180 degree centigrade for 15 minutes.
  • Transfer the wings onto a baking tray and randomly toss in the crushed garlic cloves  and bake it at 180 degree for first 35 minutes and rest 10 minutes at 200 degree centigrade for a crispier outside.
  • Remove from the oven and keep the tray covered with aluminium foil for 15 minutes.
  • Dry roast the sesame seeds and set aside.
  • In a pan, heat the oil and saute the garlic until cooked. Pour in the soya sauce and turn off the flame. Add the honey and mix this sauce well.
  • Add the baked wings along with the juice oozed out on baking to the pan and coat the wings well with the sauce.
  • For the final touches, add the roasted sesame seeds and finely chopped corriander leaves.
kitchenspells.blogspot.in

You may also note -
  1. The oven timings and temperature are apt for the one I use, you may need to manipulate it as per your oven settings. Just cut open a piece and check if it has been cooked to the bone.
  2. You need not add in the entire juice of the chicken into the sauce - only as much required for the sauce to form a good coating

No comments:

Post a Comment