Saturday 18 February 2017

Chutney Cheese Sandwich

Every vacation has three phases - 

  • The waiting phase - You have planned your vacation, arrangements have been made, you are on a shopping spree, you are texting your relatives and friends on your upcoming vacation plans, you are clearing your fridge and finally packing your bags. To add on - I do an additional cleaning of the house because I love to see the house clean and neat on my return! This is an exciting phase and the feeling that you have something bright to look forward to makes even the most daunting task enjoyable.
  • The actual vacation - this is the fun part. Your waiting is over and here it is finally - the execution of all that you planned. Meeting family, friends and relatives - lots of nostalgic moments, being pampered by family until the day it is time to pack your bags and return.
  • The vacation hangover - the most annoying phase that comes after your vacation. The feeling of emptiness, a vague sense of nothing to look forward to, a weariness to get back to track, a derisive resolution to lose the holiday weight , yada - yada! Here even the most simple task seems a truckload.
It is phase three for me now - vacation hangover mode. While I was happy to enter into a clean and neat house - the happiness did not last long. I am bemused on how a house closed for 2 weeks can gather so much of dust!!

It has been 24 hours since my return to Dubai and I have only entered kitchen to make a coffee for myself this morning! I have 2 unpacked suitcases in front of me as I write this ( removed only the food items to be refrigerated - can't lose that, Can I ?), a dirty balcony to clean up, nothing to eat for lunch except thoughts on what I should cook and a whole lot of laziness that stops me from getting up from this couch and doing something!

So while I figure out how to get over the vacation hangover phase - Why don't you guys take a look at the new recipe made and clicked during the waiting phase while clearing the refrigerator!!


kitchenspells.blogspot.com


Ingredients

(makes 4 sandwiches)
  1. Mint Leaves/ Pudina - a fistful
  2. Coconut - 1/2 cup freshly grated
  3. Ginger - 1/2 tsp chopped
  4. Salt to taste
  5. White Bread/ Sandwich bread - 8 slices
  6. Cheese slices - 4
Method
  • Pulse together the mint leaves, coconut and ginger along with salt. Add 2-3 tablespoon of water to attain the consistency required for easily spreading it on the bread slice.
  • Slather about a tablespoon of chutney on the bread and top it with the cheese. Seal it off by placing another bread slice on top.
  • Toast the sandwich on your tawa or a sandwich maker. Serve this hot!
kitchenspells.blogspot.com

Check out other sandwich recipe on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment