Monday 29 May 2017

Chocolate Cherry Pudding

There are days when my mind wanders to my home country and my desire to go back there gets stronger. I am sure these thoughts resonate with atleast a few of the expats. Sometimes I busy myself with some work to shut away these thoughts and other days I whine and whine. After some whining, I turn to my laptop to cheer me up. The one show that makes all the worry lines cease to exist is FRIENDS. I just can't have enough of it. I have watched season by season and now go on to youtube to catch some scenes from it. All the characters have become so etched in me that I feel they live around me. Like any other Friends fan, I would love to see that Reunion happening till then I can continue to watch it in a loop. 

Cooking does cheer me up but imagine cooking and watching Friends at the same time :P I do it often these days.( I hate it when I have to turn on the blender, the noise is such a distraction:P) From Monica's jam to Ross' Fajita , Rachel's English Truffle to Joey's sandwich, Phoebe's chocolate chip cookies to Chandler's cheesecake - food becomes an integral part of Friends. Those who have watched Friends can sure co-relate.  Cooking these days is more fun that it used to be ( Hope my Dad doesn't read this - he was very particular that we do one task at a time and not multi task but I can't just help it!)
kitchenspells.blogspot.com

Over to my recipe, a rarity on my blog - a dessert. I have adapted the recipe from Spinneys magazine - when I read this recipe two months back I knew I simply had to do it. I went hunting for cherries and came back empty handed - Cherries were available nowhere. The recipe lay forgotten until few days back when I saw cherries at a local supermarket - then I knew I had to make this desert. And I am quite pleased with the result:)

There you are - 

Ingredients
  1. Butter - 150 gm
  2. Semi sweet chocolate - 200 gm
  3. Powdered sugar - ½ cup
  4. All purpose flour - ¼ cup
  5. Cherry - 150 to 200 gm
  6. Egg - 2 no.s
Method
  • Preheat the oven to 200 degree centigrade.
  • Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl placed on top of simmering water. Mix using a spatula and combine well. Let it cool.
  • Beat the egg and fold in the powdered sugar and flour.
  • Add the chocolate mix to this along with pitted cherries.
  • Transfer the mixture into a baking tray and let it bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
  • Serve it warm along with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.
kitchenspells.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment